ABFP Certification FAQs
How do I begin the process of attaining board certification in the sub-specialty of Forensics?
- Consider joining the ACA Council on Forensics Sciences (CFS). For a CFS application go to http://www.forensic-sciences.org/membership-application.htm Membership in the CFS is contingent upon current membership in the American Chiropractic Association (ACA). For an ACA application go to
- Go to http://www.forensic-sciences.org/abfp/abfp_cert_req.htm Review the CFS training requirements
- For additional information regarding the online learning activities and/or to register click on http://cdi.edu.au/forensics/info.php
Do I have to travel to attend any classes?
- Not for the Part I core requirements. The recommended minimum number of hours are entirely online.
- Currently most of the Part II – Forensic minimum number of hours are online. The other hours will be online in the near future.
Are the Part I – core requirements applicable to any other program/certification?
Yes. The Part I – core requirements can be utilized towards the Orthopedics and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine Post Doctoral Program offered by the University of Bridgeport and/or the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists (ACO) orthopedic specialty board certification.
I have attended postgraduate courses (Orthopedics, Radiology, Sports, Rehab, etc) over the years. Will any of those hours apply to the core requirements?
This is a question that can only be addressed by University of Bridgeport’s Health Sciences Postgraduate Education Department. Call (203) 576-4880 or email Dr. James Lehmann at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
I already hold board certification in an ACA recognized specialty. Do I have to take the core requirements?
- No. You will probably be granted advanced standing (requires written verification of board certification by the American Board of Forensic Professionals (ABFP). Contact the ABFP chairperson S. Steven Baker, DC, DABFP at 520-323-2888 for guidance.
- Go directly to Part II – Forensics and enroll by clicking on https://www.chirocredit.com/register/index.php